Denver Elder Law Attorney
Planning for older age and for what happens to our assets once we pass away isn’t something that anyone wants to think about. Unfortunately, it’s a reality for all of us. If you don’t plan appropriately and in a timely manner, everything you’ve worked so hard for throughout your life could end up in the hands of the wrong people. It’s also crucial to plan appropriately so that as you age, you have a solid plan and financial security to make sure you’re receiving appropriate care.
What is Elder Law?
Elder law is an area of law that helps aging individuals and senior citizens with common issues that arise as we all get older. The most common issues that an elder law attorney assists with include estate planning, retirement plans, long-term care, creating wills, and more. Most people assume that estate planning and other elder law issues don’t need to be explored or discussed until they are much older, but this isn’t the case. The earlier you start planning, the better you can set yourself and your family up for the future. Early planning also allows you to have your affairs in order should something happen to you sooner than you anticipate.
Common Issues We Assist With
As experienced elder law attorneys, we have seen a variety of issues and do whatever we can to help you with your unique needs. Most commonly, we help clients with the following:
- Medicaid planning, which often includes assisting with the initial application as well as creating trusts or taking other steps that will help you qualify for Medicaid.
- Plan for long-term needs, such as locating an appropriate facility nursing home or other long-term care facility, coordinating payment, and advocating to ensure that our clients get the care they deserve.
- Drafting powers of attorney. We help clients name individuals who can help them with financial and healthcare decisions should they become unable to make decisions for themselves. This allows clients to feel comfortable that their wishes will be granted even if they can’t voice them on their own.
- Elder abuse issues. Aging individuals are particularly vulnerable to physical and emotional abuse and being taken advantage of financially. This can be at the hands of friends, family members, nursing homes, or others who are responsible for caring for them. We represent clients who are facing these difficulties and we will do everything in our power to ensure their health and safety.
How Brady, McFarland, & Lord Can Help With Your Elder Law Needs
Finding an elder law attorney that you can trust is crucial if you want to ensure that you receive the care you deserve as you age and to make sure that all of your assets are disbursed according to your wishes. The attorneys at Brady, McFarland, & Lord have the experience and compassion you need to assist you with all of your elder law needs.
- We have been serving clients in the Arvada and Denver area for more than 2 decades, so we are familiar with local laws and procedures.
- We are always available to answer questions and to help you determine your needs.
- We never assume that 2 clients need the same thing. All of our plans are individualized and according to your particular needs.
- We will schedule a Free Initial Meeting to discuss your options.
If you or a loved one needs assistance with any type of elder law issue, Brady, McFarland, & Lord is here to help. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.