Meet the Team of Brady, McFarland & Lord, LLC
At Brady, McFarland & Lord, LLC estate planning and business planning law firm in Arvada, Colorado, we are dedicated to helping you identify and protect what matters to you — now and in the future.
That dedication has spanned 21 years of service to residents of Greater Denver, JeffCo and Front Range areas. Our commitment to people like you, and families like yours, has resulted in many lasting relationships with our clients.
Our team consists of:
- Karen L. Brady, our firm’s founding attorney. Karen has over 30 years of legal experience as a judicial law clerk, attorney, and mentor/speaker to other lawyers. Karen Brady has been designated an Accredited Estate Planner National Association of Estate Planners & Councils. This is a graduate level specialization in estate planning which recognizes achievement in education, knowledge, experience and ethics in estate planning. Karen is the principal attorney at our Arvada office. Karen is a Colorado native and is married with two grown children. To learn more about Karen’s experience and qualifications, please click the link below.
- Gabe McFarland. Gabe has lived in Colorado for over 35 years. He has decades of experience in litigation and heads our probate litigation team. Gabe also has a passion for estate planning and related work (including Medicaid planning, and long term care planning). His litigation background gives him a unique perspective in those areas. Gabe is the principal attorney at our Berthoud office. For many years Gabe has been recognized as one of Colorado’s top litigators by being named to Colorado’s "Super Lawyers," which recognizes the top 5% of lawyers in the state. When not working, Gabe enjoys hiking, biking, fishing, and otherwise spending time in Colorado’s beautiful backcountry with his wife and three kids. He is also an avid longboard surfer. To learn more about Gabe’s experience and qualifications, please click the link below.
- Donna LaPanse, our Client Services Coordinator located at our Arvada office. Donna has been with our firm since 2004. Donna has two grown sons and is married to Chuck.
- Brontie Masero, our Legal Assistant and Office Coordinator located at our Arvada office. Brontie started with our firm in 2012. She is married to our other team member, Andrew.
- LuAnn Weisman, our Probate Assistant located at our Arvada office. LuAnn joined our firm in 2015. She has over 25 years of experience in law firms.
- Kimberly Schmad, our legal assistant located at the Berthoud office. Kim is married with adult children.
- Andrew Masero, our Asset Alignment Coordinator and CARePlan client liaison at the Arvada office. Andrew started with our firm in 2020. He is married to our other team member, Brontie.
- Jan Lord, Jan has decades of legal experience helping residents of northern Colorado with estate planning and Medicaid planning. Jan is of counsel to our firm working out of the Berthoud office. For more on Jan’s experience and qualifications, please click the link below.
Together, we pay close personal attention to any legal need related to estate planning and estate administration, probate, taxation, asset protection and business planning.