Berthoud Estate Planning Lawyer
The attorneys here at Brady, McFarland & Lord, LLC want to help you map out your estate plans. For over 21 years we have provided estate planning guidance to the residents of Berthoud, and others across Colorado, to create their wills and trusts. Estate planning is a way to ensure that your property is passed on to your loved ones the way you want after you are gone.
If you are located in Berthoud, CO, and would like to work on your estate plan, contact Brady, McFarland & Lord, LLC today. Call our office at (970) 532-4183, or contact us online.
What is Estate Planning?
Estate planning is creating a detailed plan for where your assets will go after death. Creating an estate plan is important because it clarifies who will inherit what, and who will handle your medical and funeral arrangements. It can be helpful for your loved ones to have a predetermined plan outlined ahead of time so they do not have to make decisions and a plan while they are also grieving the loss of a loved one.
There are several different parts of your estate planning that you may want to plan for. Assets and possessions that you own and may want to address where they should go include:
- Retirement accounts
- Cars and other motor vehicles
Estate planning can be complicated and confusing, which is why working with an estate planning attorney can help. The estate planning lawyers at Brady, McFarland & Lord, LLC are well-versed in the creation of wills, trusts, and local probate processes and can help you draw up the necessary documents you need for each. They know how to find ways to reduce, and sometimes even avoid, excessive taxation for your estate. Additionally, they can help you designate beneficiaries and establish a medical power of attorney.
Estate Planning Tools & Documents
Some estate planning documents you may want to create include::
- Wills and Trusts: these documents are used to specifically designate assets in the way the owner desires.
- Powers of Attorney: this means electing a designated person to help handle your personal affairs if something were to happen to you. This person may make medical, financial, and any other important decisions on your behalf if you are unable to do so.
- Living Will: this document gives a person, who is usually a family member, the authority to make medical decisions for you. This is used in the event that you are alive but in a vegetative or terminal state and cannot communicate your wishes.
How do You Create an Estate Plan?
Estate planning is an important step to take as you grow older and gain wealth and assets. After you pass away, you may have specific wishes as to who in your family takes over certain assets and who will be in charge of making any final medical decisions on your behalf. The process of estate planning will look a bit different for everyone, but in general, you will:
- List Your Assets and Debts
- Create a Financial Plan
- Clearly Document Your Wishes
- Appoint a Fiduciary
Services We Offer in Berthoud, CO
Estate planning is an extremely important process, and we understand how crucial it is to find a firm and lawyer with the experience and services you need. Here at Brady, McFarland & Lord, LLC we offer the following services for all your estate planning needs:
- Living Wills and Advance Directives
- General Estate Planning
- Estate Planning for Non-traditional & Blended Families
- Asset Protection
- Tax Assistance
- Business Planning
- Probate and Trust Settlement
- Medicaid Planning
- And more
Our lawyers are well-versed and experienced in estate planning and offer a robust option of services.
Contact Brady, McFarland & Lord, LLC for a Free Consultation
Don’t delay your estate planning any longer. Contact the Berthoud office of Brady, McFarland & Lord, LLC today to get started. We offer free, no-obligation consultations so that you can assess if we are the right fit for you. Call us at (970) 532-4183 or contact us online.